Bismillāh ar-Rahmān ar-Rahīm
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
This week’s fixes:
- For all mothers, here’s a website specially catered to Muslim mothers. Its called Grow Mama Grow. The posts are heartfelt, sincere and real. Don’t forget to check out their Resources page! It has links and tips on how to instill Islam in your teens, what foods to give your kids and also about post-natal depression.
- If you never appreciated the mosques we have in Singapore, please read this article about how one third of the mosques are closed due to the absence of Imams. 🙁
- Here’s a beautiful sharing on the virtues of criticism and the dangers of praise. One for reflection on this blessed Friday! While I’m at it, here’s an amusing story that you might have heard/read before:”A man was praying in the masjid while some bystanders were observing. They began to comment aloud about the beauty of his salah: how excellent his khushu’ was, how perfectly still he stood, how moving his recitation was. Upon hearing these adulations, the man turned around (mid-prayer) and commented, “By the way, I’m fasting too.”
- Video for the week is on Islamic Modesty, Pride and Arrogance. May Allah save us from it!
- Related to the Arts scene, here’s Islam’s take on it. Is it permissible to draw living creatures? What is the role of cinema, theatre and tv?
Jum’ah Mubarak one and all! May the Five Friday Fix be of benefit insyaAllah.
Ameera Begum Aslam